– This is Elvis’s kitchen. – Today we taste some of his favorite foods. – Let’s talk about that. (alarm rings) (playful theme music) (fire blasts) – Good Mythical Morning. – …
– This is Elvis’s kitchen. – Today we taste some
of his favorite foods. – Let’s talk about that. (alarm rings)
(playful theme music) (fire blasts) – Good Mythical Morning. – Our adventures in Memphis continue at the veritable mecca of rock and roll. – That’s right, the home
of the king himself, Elvis Presley, Graceland. (rock guitar music) – We’re here in Memphis
visiting the headquarters of St. Jude Children’s Hospital. St. Jude pioneers research
and treatment for kids suffering from cancer and
other life-threatening diseases at no cost to the families. – We are raising money for
St. Jude with your help. You can donate by clicking
on the blue donate button. If you don’t see the blue
button or you just want more information, you
can go to stjude.org/gmm. – Now we’re about to walk
where the king walked. – And if you’re gonna walk like the king, you should probably eat like the king. – Mm-hm, we’re gonna sample
some of his favorite foods and rank them. – It’s time for We About
to Stuff Our Face-Land Up in Graceland. – [Brian] All right to welcome
to Elvis Presley’s Graceland. – Brian. Do we have to whisper? – Oh no, you can talk as loud as you like. – Okay we can talk loud. – [Rhett] Before we tasted
Elvis’s favorite foods, we took a tour of his favorite home. – Dang, there are a lot of TVs in here. Did he watch much internet? – All right so let’s get
to where the magic happens. This is the jungle room. – [Link] Oh I’ve heard about this. – This is like what the
Rainforest Cafe wants to be. – Yeah (laughs).
– You know what I’m saying? – That’s exactly. – [Rhett] But what would
Elvis’s favorite home be without his fleet of favorite cars? – [Link] This one even had
a restaurant booth in it, but apparently nobody told Rhett that. – [Rhett] Favorite house,
favorite cars, favorite plane. – With yet another TV. All right we were just on Elvis’s plane. Any questions? – [Rhett] And of course,
what would Graceland be without a huge museum
dedicated to the man himself? – [Link] That is one
impressive CD collection. – [Rhett] All right we’re warmed up. It’s time to taste some
of Elvis’s favorite foods. – Elvis made a lot of
dishes famous by eating them and today we’re also going to eat them. They were prepared by a
chef here at Graceland, according to his mama’s official recipes. – Yes, and we’re going to taste them and then definitively rank them. Let’s try the first dish. (rock guitar music) – We’re starting off with what
is probably the most iconic Elvis dish, this is
bacon fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches. – I always, maybe like
you, had the misconception that there was bacon
on the inside, but no. Just peanut butter and
banana, but it is fried in bacon grease, because
putting bacon on it, that would cross a line. You just wanna tow the line. – It actually smells a little bacon-y. – Oh yeah. – Maybe that’s the genius in it, that there’s no actual
bacon crunch, and sink it. – You can imagine how good this is. – You may have had–
– But we’re experiencing it. You’re just imagining it. – A peanut butter and banana sandwich but turns out the frying
it in bacon grease part was a stroke of genius. Puts it over the top. – Would you be offended if I
just finished this whole piece? – Why would I be offended? – You might want it for yourself. – Oh, well don’t eat all of them. So this may move up or down
in the rankings, but for now– – Don’t put it at three, it’s
gotta at least be at two. – I’m gonna two and a three and a half. – I don’t wanna dishonor it.
– Just two and a half. (rock guitar music) – Now we’re southern boys so we love some fried green tomatoes, except
for Link, he hates tomatoes. He’s gotta ruin it. – I mean I like pizza. (chuckles) – Because that’s tomato sauce on it? – Yeah.
– That’s a stretch. – I like ketchup. – This doesn’t have any ketchup. This is some Cajun ranch for dippin’. – Okay, now you can get these at Graceland whenever you visit. – Mm, oh gosh.
– How good is it? Dink it.
– Prepare yourself. You realize that it’s tomato. – It’s a yellow tomato.
– Well it’s a green tomato. Hence the name.
– Oh. I remember now.
– It’s yellow! I been bamboozled!
(Link chuckles) – Well, listen, it’s not bad. – Would you be offended
if I ate this as well? – Would you be offended
if I actually liked it? – No, I’d like you a little
bit more than I already do. – There’s nothing tomato-y about it to me. It’s tangy, it’s fried. – Oh, has Elvis turned you on tomatoes? Or turned you onto tomatoes? – Elvis turned me on.
(Rhett laughs) To fried green tomatoes.
– To tomatoes. Put that on a t-shirt and sell it here. – Also make a movie. – Who do we talk to about that? – There should be a
movie made about these. – I don’t know, he made 31 in 10 years. – Kathy Bates was in it,
it was a Kathy Bates joke. (Rhett chuckles)
You didn’t get that? I mean I haven’t seen the movie. – I ignore all Kathy Bates jokes because I take her very seriously as an artist. – Now in terms of ranking this, the fact that I am willingly
gonna take a third bite and it’s gonna be the whole thing. – Oh wow, thanks for giving
me a warning. (chuckles) – You know that that
means this is good, right? – Yeah, I would eat that one
but there’s other stuff coming. – Is it better than this? – (groans) I mean, the
fact that it turned you on to tomatoes makes me think
that it should be above it but I don’t know, this is perfect. This is the perfect food. This is what St. Peter gives
you when you arrive at heaven. (both chuckle) He’s like, I knew you’d be hungry. – All right so we’re putting
the tomatoes a little bit lower but not much lower. (rock guitar music) Apparently Elvis loved
bananas ’cause here it is in this pudding. – [Rhett] (chuckles) Yeah, banana pudding. – Banana pudding.
– Now, I feel like we’re qualified to taste
and judge this one, being from North Carolina. If you go to any potluck or family reunion and they don’t have banana pudding, everyone is immediately sent to jail. It’s a law, you have to serve it. – But how much banana ratio to pudding to the wafers, you know? – You stick your spoon
in and see what happens. You let the universe decide, look what the universe decided for me. – Well you dipped, that’s not actually the universe deciding. – No, no, I let the
universe guide my hand. – What does that even mean? – I let the universe
guide me at all times. I’ve let the universe guide
me to this point right now. You should be thankful (laughs). – Look at that. – Oh I don’t know about this. Gotta get your whole
mouth around it though. – Mm, this is some good stuff. I’m told that Lisa Marie–
– Is here? – Is, no.
– Okay. – But when she comes here,
she has to get some of this, ’cause it’s her fave. – Oh well now that I know
that, let me taste it again. You know, I bet Lisa
Marie would like this. – I bet that too, can we
both bet the same thing? – I’ll betcha the rest
of this banana pudding. How does that work, we
just keep eating it? – Right. We were right!
– It’s incredibly good. Maybe because I’ve had it so many times, it’s not surprising in any way, it’s just really, really solid. – It doesn’t have something that makes it specifically Elvis. – Okay. – So that’s why–
– You’re gonna put it at four? – I think I’m going a little lower here. I don’t wanna dethrone the tomatoes. – No you shouldn’t.
– From being in the middle. Do I have any of the
white stuff on my nose? What’s what stuff called?
– Skin? (Link chuckles) Oh. The cream, no, no whipped cream. I feel like you should
apologize to Lisa Marie though. – I’m sorry, Lisa Marie.
– Yeah we apologize. We’ll make it up to you.
(rock guitar music) Elvis liked his salad just like me. On top of lettuce but not
consisting of lettuce. – And containing Pepsi Cola. – Yeah, Pepsi Cola salad. It’s basically a Jello
fruit salad that has Pepsi Cola inside of the
Jello, so we got some fruits, we got some nuts, we even
have some cream cheese. – Oh yeah and look, it’s still alive. Put it out of its misery, okay. Sorry for the violence. – You know what, you
can play with your food when you’re not sharing it with me. – I don’t know why we’re trying
to get the exact same bite. – [Rhett] I was going
for the cream cheese. I saw that in there.
– I was just trying to use your spoon to help rake it onto my spoon. It wants to crawl off the spoon. – Oh you got a nice bite there. – And that’s a good thing. – Dink it. – Sink it. Woo. I’m sorry I regurgitated a little bit. – It bounces back. – It was a lot colder than
I thought it would be. – You thought Jello salad would be hot? – Well it was shockingly cool. Sure, eat that piece, I think that’s what flew out of my mouth. – Mm-mm, no, that’s the part
that flew out of your mouth. – Oh over there? Do you taste the Pepsi? The surprising part to me–
– There’s a hint. A hint of Pepsi–
– Is the cream cheese. That’s what is–
– Surprising? – Is surprising to me, yeah. It’s good. I’ve never had Jello and cream cheese. – I mean it’s refreshing. You kinda think that you
might be eating something that’s a little healthier.
– But probably not. – But then you find out
that Pepsi Cola’s in it, you’re like, nope, it’s not. – It’s got some crunchiness from the nuts. – It’s got some whole
foods in there though. That’s whole fruits. Little pieces of whole fruits, and nuts. Fruits and nuts, man. You eating fruits and nuts, you– – We’re really trying to
make this the healthiest one. – [Rhett] You’re having good day. – Which gives it some sort of points. There’s whole foods here. – It’s very tasty, but if I was presented with these four things, the last thing I would eat, I believe, is the Pepsi Cola salad,
just between me and you. Maybe you should try some of the lettuce. Just see how it is. Does that change the
way you feel about it? – Yeah, makes it worse. (Rhett chuckles)
(rock guitar music) Chicken a la king, I don’t
know if he liked this just ’cause it had the word king in it. Or just that he liked chicken. But here we are. – [Rhett] It looks like somebody got mad at a chicken pot pie. – Right, there’s chicken, there’s peas, there’s green peppers, there’s mushrooms, there’s pimento, and
there’s some croutons. Delightful, delightful bed of croutons. – You you don’t even
really need a fork, right? – Kinda like nachos.
– Yes, chicken pot nachos. – [Link] Chicken pot nachos. – That’s rebranding. Oh, oh gosh. That seemed like a great
idea until I tried it. – You really gotta, so we’re
encountering a challenge here that if Elvis–
– I got a good bite, if you’ll just dink it
before it falls apart. – Sink it. Hm. We got the crunch of the crouton. – The crouton or the couton?
– Couton. You’ve got the chickenness of the chicken. Is it kingly?
– It’s pretty straightforward. – Mm-hm. The thing I don’t like
about a chicken pot pie is the mystery. I like it being splayed out before me. – Yeah, right. That’s how kings eat. You know what I’m saying?
– Like a spread. – No there’s a person who
tastes it before they taste it. No secrets, you know what I mean? You want it right out there in the open and then right in your mouth. – This is good.
– But, I sense a but coming. – I’m getting some more of this peanut butter and banana bacon fried. – It’s definitely not better than that. – Mm-mm. – I feel like… – [Link] Is it better than banana pudding? No. – I don’t think so man. How good do you feel about that? – I feel 100% confident that
this magical dish right here, bacon fried peanut butter banana sandwich, is as you said, a perfect dish. – So there it is, this is
definitively the best dish, followed by fried green
tomatoes, banana pudding, chicken ala king and Pepsi Cola salad. – Mm-hm, you are crowned
the king of the king dishes. – Would you be offended
if I ate this whole thing? – Please do it. – Thank you for donating to St. Jude using the blue donate button. – And thank you for liking,
commenting and subscribing. Now you say you know what time it is. – You know what time it is. – My name is Clara.
– My name is Jordan. – Claudia.
– Colby. – Hannah. – And we’re in downtown Memphis. – [Together] And it’s time to
spin the Wheel of Mythicality. – Hey, what’s up, it’s John and Jen here, AKA Johnnifer. Click the top link to watch
us rank some banana snacks in Good Mythical More. – And to find out where
the Wheel of Mythicality is going to land (chuckles). – Boom. – [Rhett] Zip-ups, crew
necks, and pull-overs, oh my. It’s getting cold, warm
yourself up with our logo long sleeves, available
now at Mythical.store.