– Today we determine the power of sour. – Let’s talk about that. ♪(theme music)♪ – Good Mythical Morning! (grunts) – We– Are you okay? – I’m just preparing my mouth. …
– Today we determine the power of sour. – Let’s talk about that. ♪(theme music)♪ – Good Mythical Morning! (grunts) – We– Are you okay? – I’m just preparing my mouth. …
– Today we determine the power of sour.
– Let’s talk about that. ♪(theme music)♪ – Good Mythical Morning! (grunts)
– We– Are you okay? – I’m just preparing my mouth.
– Anticipating the– (makes sound) It’s all gonna shrivel up today guys,
in the mouth area. – (crew and Link laugh)
– Right. Right in there. Right in there. – The face.
– Okay. Listen, we are very familiar with the
Scoville scale of measuring the heat – units of food. How hot a food can get.
– Yes. ‘Cause we have eaten the hottest pepper
in the world, – Yes.
– and regretted it, but what we’ve discovered is that there is
not a comparable scale for sourness. Right.
There is an acidity scale that has a lot of food on it and that
goes up to battery acid, – which is not a food I don’t think,
– Don’t eat that. – (crew laughs)
– but I don’t think that acidity is necessarily a measure of sourness.
So we couldn’t find an actual sourness scale,
so we’re just gonna determine it – with our own human mouths.
– That’s right. Now it’s time to determine: – ♪(dramatic music)♪
– (Link) (dramatic) The sourest food – in the world!
– (Rhett) According to us. Okay, so we got a bunch of sour foods,
and we are going to taste them and then – each rank them on a scale of one to ten,
– (normal voice) Mhm. and then we combine our scores and that
is our collective sour score for that item. Alright, so let’s get started with
a familiar sour: – ♪(harp)♪
– Lemons. I’m familiar with those.
I’ve seen those before. – I’ve seen videos of babies eating these.
– (Rhett) I put those in my water – at restaurants.
– Oh, you do? – Yeah.
– I don’t order these in water because – I want a water with lemon.
– I think about the person touching it with their fingerlings and then
it being dipped on in. Oh, I don’t do that.
I squeeze and then I set. You don’t want to put the
actual lemon in there. So, this score’s kinda–
I don’t wanna call it a baseline, but, you know,
it’s a good point of comparison – for the rest of the things we’re
– Things have got to get more sour than this, – gonna be tasting.
– right? Or is it sourer? – Sourer.
– Sourer. – Alright, so let’s–
– Just go. Really get a bite now. – Really get a bite.
– Yeah, the whole thing. Woo.
That makes you wanna pucker, man. – (crew laughs)
– Wow. How’d you do that? I just did it like an orange.
I did it ’cause you said, “Yeah, man. Get it,”
and you went (makes bite sound) – and then you let go.
– Well, I got the clench back here. – Ding! It just duh-dings on ya’.
– You’ve seen this? Tartar? I’m giving this–
You have a nosebleed too. – Oh crap, Rhett. It’s made his nose bleed!
– This is so sour. It made my nose bleed?! – What?! That’s a record!
– (crew laughs) – That’s a– Oh. Okay.
– Just look up or somethin’. – My nose isn’t bleeding, is it?
– Wow. This is so– – Is my nose? Oh my goodness.
– This is like we’re going in space. – Just shove that up in there.
– I’m gonna take a break. Nope. Just shove it up in there.
That’s pretty dang sour. If it’s gonna give him a nose bleed,
I’m– Yeah, I’m just gonna go right down the middle
and give it a five. I feel like I was gonna give it a five,
but now that my nose is pouring out – blood, I’m gonna give it a six.
– Okay. Alright, so that’s a cumulative – score of eleven.
– Okay, well, the bleeding has stopped. – (laughs) For now.
– Hopefully I’m gonna make– This could be the end, man.
This could be my last episode. And my head could just–
(makes ripping sound) – Just melt off.
– Well, you know what? – Let’s make it the best episode ever.
– Yes! I have cleansed my palette with some
cinnamon water – As I have.
– to combat the sourness, – and I’m ready to go.
– Okay, have you ever been eating a grape and thought,
“You know, I wish this thing was covered in skin like an orange,
but five times as impractical to eat, and ten times as sour?”
Well you’re in luck because that’s – a kumquat.
– ♪(harp music)♪ – Come, quat.
– Alright, here they are! – That’s how you call a kumquat.
– They came hither. Alright, I know about these because I
had a little tree in my backyard. You did have a tree.
I’ve never actually ate one though. – I ate one and then I just let them die
– I didn’t know they were sour. – on the vine. Well,
– (laughs) it wasn’t a vine, it was a tree,
but they did die. – Grab one there.
– It does look like a grape shaped orange. – And you eat the whole thing.
– Oh, you’re trolling me. – Don’t. Nope. You do not peel it.
– I don’t wanna eat the whole thing. – Just bite it whole?
– I’ll bite half of it just to show ’em what it looks like if you’re curious,
and then I– – I am a curious cat, Link.
– (laughs) – I’m always so curious.
– Alright. – Why don’t you bite that in half for me?
– Lets see if this tops lemons. Dink it.
Woo! – (crew laughs)
– It’s, like, juicing out of my mouth. (spits) You got a seed?
I got a seed. The aromatic nature of it is, like,
coming out of my nose. It feels like sour smoke coming out of
my nose, and then it goes away, and you’re just chewing what seems to
be, like, an orange rind. It goes away faster than the sourness
of a lemon, and I actually don’t know if– – But it’s immediately stronger.
– I don’t know if the peak was higher. I will say that it had an intensity
at the beginning, but then it trailed off a lot sooner
than the lemon did. – Yeah.
– And it doesn’t– I just don’t think that it
tastes that great. – It’s an unnatural feeling.
– It’s unnatural. – (crew laughs)
– To eat this rind. I’ma give it a four and I’m also gonna
give away my kumquat tree away to anyone – that wants it. It’ll be on the curb.
– I’m gonna go with what I was going to give a lemon because I feel like it was
very intense but then it died off, but it did make my nose bleed.
Five! (Link) So, kumquats get a nine!
Alright, up next, if you’ve been to India or you’re
from India, then you know about this one: – ♪(harp music)♪
– Bitter gourd juice. Alright, I wonder if it’s gonna be bitter.
Well, bitter is not necessarily sour. Bitter is kinda like grape fruit,
but is it also sour? It looks like a Ghostbusters branded,
like, juice from 1987. – Which is very cool.
– Ecto-cooler! – (Link) Ecto-juice.
– Oh, yeah. Ecto-cooler. – Ew. It doesn’t smell like Ecto-cooler.
– Oh. Now, this is used in traditional
medicine to treat all types of stuff, – from gout to diabetes.
– You know a lot about it. It sounds like the kind of thing you would
give to someone to, like, end a marriage in India.
Like, “He brought her the bitter gourd.” It’d be a euphemism.
You wouldn’t actually make anyone – drink any of it.
– “He brought out the bitter gourd,” – last night?
– Yeah. I think it’s kinda heartless in addition
to getting divorced, – (crew laughs)
– you have to drink sour juice? – That’s kinda insulting.
– It’s when you say something and then you regret it later.
(exaggerated southern accent) “I had to drink the bitter gourd juice
on that one!” – Alright, let’s do that.
– Welcome to India. (exaggerated southern accent)
I gotta apologize. – (normal voice) Here we go.
– (groans) – Eugh!
– (normal voice) I would’ve sworn I got into something I shouldn’t
have got into. – Ew!
– (crew laughs) You know?
I think this is antifreeze. – Y’all are trying to kill us!
– (laughs) Yep. We’re drinking antifreeze on this show.
What has this come to? – Both nostrils are gonna start bleeding.
– It’s not aromatic in any way. It bites my tongue and then
it wont let go. Is there a purpose for this
that’s medicinal? – Yeah, man. Gout.
– It tastes like you accidentally picked up an old man’s tobacco juice,
like, at The Cupboard in Fuquay. It’s like, “Oh, I reached for the Coke,
and I grabbed the tobacco spit.” Yeah. Yeah.
Which he refrigerates for some good reason. – (crew laughs)
– “Well, it’s turned green ’cause – I left it in there all summer.”
– The best thing about this is the – soothing color.
– Yeah. – Everything else is horrible.
– The funny thing is is it’s just really bad. It’s not–
Would sour be the way you describe it? – Yeah it’s– I would–
– Bitter. Bitter. I would– Yeah.
Only bitter. I think the sour component is
actually kinda low. – Is there just a bad component?
– (crew laughs) – I give it a ten as far as being bad,
– Ten on badness. In terms of sourness– but I’m gonna give it a
three of sourness. – Yeah, I was thinking three too.
– Oh! Same wavelength. So, the cumulative score of
bitter gourd juice: (Rhett) Six!
Now, I love to eat a hotdog with some sauerkraut on it,
but I usually don’t take it and squeeze it until sauerkraut juice comes out,
but apparently it’s pretty sour. – ♪(harp music)♪
– Sauerkraut juice. Boy, you really squeezed some hot dogs,
Chase. – (crew laughs)
– Well, I think he just– – I think he just bought saurkraut.
– (laughs) Oh gosh. Oh go– It is–
It’s heinous. Oh my goodness.
Well how do you even come up with this – that we’re gonna have to drink this?
– It’s like this part of my face starts to, – like, go up.
– Woah. You’ve got some serious – cheekage, man.
– Look at that. I can do that. – (crew laughs)
– I can create a flesh moustache – on my own face.
– It’s like, you can start crying and do that, and, like,
it’ll be like power washers. Like coming down the rivers on your face,
and, like, you can probably cut some diamonds with those.
You ever thought about that? Cut diamonds with my flesh
moustache? Alright. Here we go. – Dink it. Drink it.
– Here we go. – It’s not bad.
– (crew laughs) – (coughs)
– I kinda like it. – (crew laughs)
– I’d like to sprinkle it on stuff! – (laughs) Really? You’re crazy!
– (laughs) – You’re crazy!
– Get a little tube of it. – Get a little tube.
– I’m one of those people that, like, pull it out of my man purse
at nice restaurants. I’m like, – “I gotta put a little cheese on it.”
– Here’s the thing. – Is there a difference between tangy
– (Rhett) A ting. (laughs) – and sour?
– (awkward voice) “Is there a difference – between tangy and sour?” (laughs)
– Tangy. (laughs) It’s made you drunk. – (crew laughs)
– What’s wrong with you? – One sip and you’re–
– I lost some blood earlier in this episode, – man.
– (crew and Link laugh) – I lost a lot of blood.
– It’s not as sour as the lemon. – It’s got this tangy tang tangness to it.
– It’s bitter. It’s bitter. But it’s still a bitterness not a sourness.
Yeah. I’m giving this a three. – So it comes in at–
– I give it a three as well. (Link) So the sauerkraut juice
comes in at a six! Okay, generally, when something says
the word ‘toxic’ on it, you don’t immediately put it in your mouth,
but we don’t play by your rules, man. – So we’re gonna eat some
– ♪(harp music)♪ Toxic Waste candy.
Here it is, and these are black cherry flavored
Toxic Waste which, our research tells us, – (Rhett) Yes.
– is the sourest of the Toxic Waste. – It makes ’em edible, right?
– And when I smell it it smells like – cherries. Grab that.
– This doesn’t– You know– – Yeah, this is innocuous.
– This doesn’t – (both) seem
– like it can do that much. – You know,
– I don’t think it can. when I’m holding, like,
a really hot pepper, I’m thinking, – “This is gonna kill me.
– Yeah. It’s hurting. I’m gonna be hurting for a long time,” – but it’s just a piece of candy.
– It starts to emanate. – It can’t really do that much.
– Yeah. Candy is for kids. Right, I mean, what if–
Take it in a movie theater and you just – watch and–
– Dink it and sink it – Can’t hurt you that bad, right?
– Woah. – (crew laughs)
– So– – (crew laughs)
– (Rhett) Turnin’ into Red Charles – over here.
– Oh. It’s getting worse. – Georgia!
– (crew laughs) – Georgia.
– It’s starting to subside a little bit. Oh! My shoulders tense up.
They go like that for some reason. – My eyeballs are cryin’.
– It gets your eyeballs. It gets my shoulders. Everybody responds differently.
Now it’s just sweet. Yeah.
It was very– Wow. – That was very wow.
– It was so wow– (laughs) It was like needles.
Like, where it hit my tongue. At first, I was like,
“This is not that bad,” – and then it just– On my tongue.
– (inaudible) – It stabbed my tongue repeatedly.
– You know, it was super sour. It was the sourest thing that I’ve
ever tasted, – Nine.
– but I don’t feel like it tops out – the list, so, I was going to say nine.
– Okay. So the Toxic Waste gets an eighteen! Now, this next item is so strong,
that you usually serve it with rice, but we don’t need to soften any
blows around here. – We’re going to enjoy some pure, pickled
– ♪(harp music)♪ – Umeboshi plums.
– Straight from Japan! – Umeboshi plumbs? Wow. Okay.
– (Rhett) They look like prunes. – They look harmless.
– I’m not– I’m no longer gonna say anything
looks harmless after the Toxic Waste, man. – Ew. They’re mushy.
– It kinda feels like you dip these – in something.
– Is that fermented? It’s very soft.
I like the way it feels. – It’s prune-ish.
– We gonna go full plum? – Yeah. Umaboshi.
– (crew laughs) – (rough voice) Nooo! Noooo!
– Aaah! – It hurts! It hurts! Aah!
– Are you sure this is safe? (groans) (garbled voice) Down my throat!
(grunts) – (gags)
– (crew laughs) – (gags)
– (frustrated sounds) – We made it.
– Oh my gosh. – (coughs)
– Guys. We made it, Link.
We made it to the other side – of the Umaboshi.
– I can’t believe how sour that was! – You can stop holding me now.
– (crew laughs) – Oh man, and I feel like–
– It changed the physiology of my mouth. – I feel like I got a facelift.
– Did my teeth move? – No.
– (crew laughs) – Is my tongue bleeding?
– No. – I swear my molars moved.
– Oh my boshi. As horrifying of an experience as that was.
I highly recommend it. – (Link and crew laugh)
– I’ve reserved a little space in the scale because I didn’t think the Toxic Waste
was as sour as sour could be. – I didn’t leave enough space.
– No. We didn’t. – I’m going to eleven.
– I know, man. – Tokyo, you can keep this one.
– ♪(ringing music)♪ Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-a-a-a-a-a-a-at?! (laughs) I also give it an eleven.
So the Umeboshi gets twenty-two! So it is the most sour thing in thee world
according to us. – It’s the sourest thing I’ve ever tasted.
– There you have it, mythical beasts. Let us know what you think
in the comments. – Oh.
– Thanks for liking, subscribing, and sharing this video
with your friends. – (whispers) You know what time it is.
– Hi, I’m Shauv. – And I’m Maya.
– (both) And we’re from Manchester. – And it’s my wedding.
– And it’s time to spin the – Wheel of Mythicality! Woo!
– (normal voice) Don’t be sour that this episode is over.
Enjoy our taste tests videos on our taste test playlist!
Link is in the description. And, first, click through to
Good Mythical More where we’re gonna get the crew to eat some
Umeboshi! – Ew.
– And some Toxic Waste together. We’re gonna bond.
Let me tell you right now. – Unison about kissing a cousin.
– (both singing) I have a thing that I want to tell you about.
My cousin is hot and I kissed that cousin.
Feel a little weird about it, but that’s all we did.
I promise it was just a kiss! [Captioned By Hayleigh:
GMM Captioning Team]
– (FBE) We’re going to see if you can guess which country these popular holiday meals come from! – Oh my God! Oh no, this is not good. – Easy. ♪ …
– (FBE) We’re going to see
if you can guess which country these popular
holiday meals come from! – Oh my God!
Oh no, this is not good. – Easy. ♪ (accordion intro) ♪ – (FBE) We polled our SuperFam
to see what they eat over the holidays all over the world.
– Cool! That’s really smart!
Yay, SuperFam. – (FBE) So we’re going to see
if you can guess where each of their meals
come from? – Okay, I’m up for the challenge. I don’t think I’ve
ever done this before, so I’m really excited. – This also makes it more personal,
’cause then I’m gonna feel bad if I get one of the SuperFam
meals wrong. (laughs) – (FBE) Here’s how this will work. We will give you the meal,
let you try it, and then give you a multiple choice
to see if you can figure out what country the meal is from. You’ll write down your answer
on your blackboard, when we give them to you,
and this is a competition, so… – Uh oh.
– (FBE) You’re not friends today. – Oh.
– I mean, is it really a competition,
’cause we just get free foods. I’m like eh!
– I know. – Oh!
– Oh it’s a competition. We don’t get to discuss.
– Oh nice. – (FBE) I mean you can.
– An opportunity to win! – (FBE) This first dish consists of
delicious warm hot chocolate with panettone and a yule log.
– (Trudi) Ooh! – This is the prettiest
thing I’ve seen. – This is hot chocolate? It looks like
just straight chocolate syrup. – It’s very pungeant though,
so I was like, but it smells really good,
like all the spices in there. – Ooh! – Let’s get it!
– Alright. Looks good,
what are you starting with? You’re starting with that?
I’ll start with this then. – Dip it, fondue! Oh my God,
I wish you could zoom in on that. – (Edward) Mmm.
– (Izzy) Oh oh oh oh. – That’s really good.
– That’s good. – Mm-hmm.
– That’s real good. – Wait, turn the plates over.
– This is the yule log, right? – Wow, yeah, that’s warm.
That’s beautiful. (laughs) – This [bleep] is bomb, dude!
Hell yeah, they’re doing it right! – I’m moving to this country,
whatever country this is, immediately. – This is the perfect
holiday comfort food, because it’s warm and it’s sweet,
and it’s chocolatey and pumpkiny. It kinda has all the flavors of fall. I have no clue
where this is from though. (laughs) – I have a guess.
– I have two, actually. – Mm-hmm.
– Let’s just stop eating this. – Yeah, we’re ready. – (FBE) So, your choices are:
A, the United kingdom. – Okay.
– (FBE) B, the Netherlands, or C, France.
– Okay. – Ah, the one country
I was thinking of is not on there. – Hmm.
– Okay, of course, mine’s completely a guess,
and it’s probably wrong. – (Izzy) I hope you get it wrong. – I probably did get it wrong,
like I literally don’t know. – (FBE) Ready for this?
– Well I’ve been ready. – Yes!
– (FBE) Show me your answers. – Is it the UK?
– I put France. – Look, I changed my answer.
(Dionte laughs) – (FBE) It is the United Kingdom. – Oh my God, how?
– We suck balls. – We suck!
– I had France! – Is it really?
Aw man. – I had France,
we actually were winning, we were losing together!
– Dang! – And then I suddenly
had a flash of when I lived outside of London.
And then I remembered, this was, the yule log
was the giveaway. – My only basis for it was yule,
and the yule ball from Harry Potter, so I’m like okay,
this has to be from the UK. – Wow, okay England! – (FBE) Let’s bring out the next dish.
– Is it more bread? – (both) Ooh! – (Tori) What is this? – (FBE) These are arayes, which is a pita
stuffed with minced meat and flavored with a variety
of spices. – Mmm. – (FBE) Served with lettuce
and lemon on the side. – I think I have an unfair advantage, because I kinda work
with this food all the time. – Okay. – Nope, nope, not working out. (Tori screams)
(both laugh) – Delicious. – Mmm.
– These lemons are here for a reason. – I’m getting it
absolutely everywhere. – That’s a lot of lemon.
– It’s falling. – They’re really good.
– It is. – Yeah, I can’t complain.
– Seasoned well. The lemon actually helps. – They actually are really good.
– Damn, I’m with this. – It tastes familiar.
I don’t know what it reminds me of. – Taco Bell. (laughs)
– No. This is like way higher
than Taco Bell. – That is so good. That’s like a weird festive
meal though, it’s sort of like,
here is this holiday sandwich. You know what I’m saying?
– Right? – (FBE) So, your choices are
A, Nigeria, B, Israel, or C, Greece.
– Oh shoot. – I like, I wanna go with
my gut feeling, but then I feel like
I’m gonna be wrong. – I’m guessing,
mine’s a complete guess. – I’m guessing for this too,
I have no, hell outta here! You’re already a point up!
You cheater. – I think I know.
– Okay. – I’m feeling confident.
– I’m not. – But I also might be wrong. – (FBE) Alright, are you ready?
– Mm-hmm. – (FBE) Let me see. – C?
– Yeah, I just went with Greece. – (FBE) It is Israel!
– Hey! – I’m not doing very good at this. – Oh, blah, blah, blah!
I know nothing. – It was Israel?
– Hoo, I got my point, okay good. – What kind of a Jewish person am I?
I just got fired. I’m in Nigeria. – Aw, damn it!
That’s what I was thinking, but then I was just like
“no, maybe it is obvious,” because they’re using pita,
that it’s… – Yeah.
– Then it’s Greek. – I actually work in a Lebanese-based
Mediterranean restaurant. So I was like I have
an upper advantage. I was like this is the one time
that work actually does something for me
outside of work, and I’m happy about it!
– Oh! – So far, all of these
holiday food dishes are so nice and comforting. Like, I like how
the foods are different, but everyone overall
loves comfort food, and that’s what this has felt like. – (FBE) Alright, the next dish
is a duck roast with boiled potatoes,
a brown sauce, and pickled cabbage. – Hell yes, dude.
– Okay, I’m pretty sure I know where this is from,
just ’cause I watch Food Wars. I think, I might be wrong though. – Duck roast, okay. (laughs) – I’ve never like had duck before. – I’ve never either
I’m kind of afraid. – Huh.
Intriguing. – I could get with this. – That’s good, mm-hmm. – That is a meal, that’s hearty.
– This is a meal. – But it pretty much
tastes like turkey. – I think it reminds me more
of like, we kind of like, it’s like fried,
like fried steak kind of, it has like that crust
around it. – Mmm, mm-hmm.
– So that’s like what it’s reminding me of. – This feels like
a cold country to me. – It does. (laughs)
– Like somewhere chilly enjoys this. – Now, duck is served
in some very specific places. So I’m hoping I can use that
to get this right. – I don’t know it,
but I’m ready to lose. – (FBE) Your choices are:
A, Switzerland. – Mm-hmm.
– (FBE) B, Sweden, or C, Denmark.
– (scoffs) Those are… – Those are all like similar. – Those are so similar in my brain.
(laughs) – [Bleep]
Yo, you guys are killing me with this. – There’s only three.
At least there’s not four. – This is a…
– They’re all there. – …very big guess,
’cause it’s kinda the same place. – This shows how little I know
about where food comes from. – Alright.
– I just eat a lot, but I don’t know
where anything comes from. – I’m not confident.
– Nope, me neither. – I haven’t been confident
in any of the rounds. – (FBE) Let me see your answers.
– Denmark! – I put Sweden. – So, it’s a wild guess.
– I went even wilder. – (FBE) Denmark is correct!
– Woo! Damn, I’m on a roll, dude!
– Hey I got one point. Alright?
– Oh, good job, Ed. I’m happy for you. – Hey!
– Yay! – Boy!
Nice. – Why’d we high five?
He’s winning. – Yeah, you’re right. (laughs)
– Ugh! – Woohoo!
– Wow! Really?
– Wow! That was such a guess,
like I can’t, I can’t even explain my reasoning
behind it. – Yes, okay, I…
– I’ve gotten none right. – Denmark had the most
letters similar to the word duck, so I was like,
I’m gonna go with Denmark. – Alright, I’m on the board.
But that means you still need to get
two more wrong. – (FBE) This dish is called
puto bumbong, which is a purple rice cake
that’s been prepared by steaming purple rice
inside of a bamboo tube. – That sounds amazing,
and it’s so pretty. – Hell yeah, dude.
Can I spread this? – She already knows
what to do with this. She’s like I’m just… – I think I know where it’s from. I’d be really disappointed
if I was wrong. – It looks like it could get
a little dicey, but it’s gonna taste great. – Nah, this is great. – I think I just wish
it had more flavor. – Yeah, the flavor isn’t bad,
I think the texture just got me, ’cause it’s like really grainy.
– Yeah. It needs just like
a good spoonful of sugar just on it,
or like glazed in something else. But maybe that’s just me
being an American. (laughs) – It tastes like purple.
– Tastes like purple? – It does!
Like if purple had a taste, right? (both laugh) It’s so good.
That’s really yummy. – You know what it kinda tastes like?
Um, Filipino desserts, which have like…
– I literally was just thinking that! – Yeah?
Because they have like an element of like almost hearty things
in them, like beans and stuff. – (FBE) Alright, well,
your options for this are: A, the Philippines.
– Okay. – (FBE) B, Vietnam,
or C, Singapore. – Oh.
– Shoot. Philippines…
– (both) Vietname and Singapore. – Okay.
– It’s gonna be, I think. – God this is so similar
to a Filipino dish, and I’m just like
is this it? This is not how I eat it.
Is it it? – I have my answer. – I would go to any of those places
and have this for the holidays. Those are three places
I really wanna go. – Let’s go with,
I’m just going with my gut. – Me too. – (FBE) Let me see your answer. – Yolo. – I put A, Philippines.
– Philippines? – (FBE) You’re correct!
– Oh, okay. You got one!
– Finally. Well I know, ’cause I knew they used
the words like puto or puta. It’s different from our word,
’cause ours is like a cuss word. – Yeah.
– But for them, it’s like, it’s a common,
it’s something with food. That’s the only reason I knew that. – There’s that crossover
of like Spanish. – (FBE) Phillipines is correct. (buzzer rings)
– Damn! – Yo!
– I’m Filipino! I have to get it right!
I knew it! – See, I knew she was Filipino.
– Dang it. – So when she said she knew it,
I was like if the Philippines is one of them,
then I’m just gonna guess that. – The leaf, yo, that’s like
such a Filipino custom right there. – Yeah?
– But also, I was like, I’m thinking too much about it.
– Mm-hmm. – Which means I’m still in the lead.
– Puto! – (FBE) So this next dish
is a potato salad with fried chicken! – (Izzy) Fried Chicken, let’s get it! – (FBE) And according to our SuperFam, this one’s actually
quite traditional in its country. – Oh.
– Oh really? – It’s so weird to me though,
’cause to me, potato salad isn’t traditional at all.
Like, it’s a potluck food that you take,
kind of like a casserole, like it’s convenient. – Alright.
– Alright, let’s get it! (both laugh) – She’ll eat that,
I guess I’ll eat this. – Mmm, sure is tasty.
Can’t go wrong with fried chicken. – God, fried chicken
is ultimate comfort food. It’s warm and bad for you,
in all the right places. (both laugh) – This is like a weird holiday meal
in a good way. Like, I’d be psyched for this. ‘Cause most holiday meals here,
I feel like are like kind of large roast beefs or something like that,
this is fried chicken, this is fun. – Okay, I’m ready.
– I have no idea where this is from. But at this point, I can’t win,
so I don’t care. – (FBE) A, Russia.
– Mmm. – (FBE) B, Germany.
– Mmm! – (FBE) Or C, Czech Republic.
– (both) Mmm! – (laughs) I [bleep] hate it! – That’s hard. I have no idea. – I don’t know why I kinda
see like Russians eating potatoes. – Yeah, I don’t know! – Oh wait no, ’cause maybe ’cause
vodka’s made from potatoes, right? – Mmm, okay, yep.
We’re deducing. (laughs) – Wild guess, all of these
are wild guesses. This is really an interesting
learning experience, and I’m gonna be showing off
at the holidays this year. – (FBE) Alright, let me see
your answers. – I put Russia.
– Germany? – (FBE) It is the Czech Republic!
– Oh my God! – Yeah!
– I thought Germany. Czech Republic goes in
my backup though. – I’m telling you, there was
something about the potato salad that kinda gave it away to me. – Oh my God, I suck.
– Hey! Pew, pew, pew!
– I suck! – Yeah, that’s weird,
I only chose Germany ’cause I’ve been there before,
but I never seen this food there, but I was still just like
“eh, maybe!” – (FBE) The final dish
is quite elaborate. There are some pineapple tarts,
some rice cakes, some coconut beef stew,
and a coconut curry. – Hmm, coconut and pineapple.
Interesting. – Wow.
– This looks really good. – I’m actually really excited. – So this one has like
chicken, egg, potato, okay, and this one’s beef stew. I wanna try some of the beef. – Ooh!
It has a kick to it! Let’s get it!
– Everything about it is so good. – I literally destroyed that cube,
I’m so sorry. – Uh huh, we need some rice cubes. – I’m pretty sure this is from
some sort of asian country just because of the like…
– The rice? – Oh no, but then curry,
so it’s either, I don’t know. – This reminds me, I’ve had
some South African food before, just the flavor of this
reminds me so much of that. – So it could literally be anything. – I just know the options
are gonna throw me off so hard right now,
’cause I have an idea, and it’s not in there, I know. – (FBE) Alright, A, India,
B, Indonesia, or C, Myanmar.
– What the… That was not
what I was. (laughs) [Bleep]! – I’m in a marketplace,
I’m just trying to figure out where I am specifically.
– I’m at Cost Plus. – I’m walking through it right now. And I’m just like, okay, but.
– I’m looking at the ornaments, but I’m drawn to the pineapple tarts.
(Dionte laughs) – I’m gonna go with one.
I’m like two in the lead, right? (laughs) There aren’t really
any stakes? – (FBE) Alright, let me see. – B!
– B. – Indo for the win tho?
– Indonesia? – (FBE) Wrong!
– Are you kidding me? – See, they did that on purpose. – I thought it was like Japan! – (FBE) It is Indonesia! – Yay! (laughs)
– Woo! Yes!
– I was like, if I wrote all this
and it’s not Indonesia, I’m gonna be so sad.
– Indo for the win tho, oh my God! – Oh, we both got it right!
Okay, cool. (laughs) – I’m glad I got another one right, ’cause I feel like I was
offending so many people by not knowing the food. (Izzy sighs)
– Your perfect record got broken. – I’m so mad. – (FBE) So Tori is the winner.
– Hell yeah! I’m so worldly,
I went to Europe this summer. I know everything
about the world now. (laughs) – I don’t feel bad about losing,
just ’cause I got to try a lot of good food.
– Mm-hmm. – So I think we’re all winners,
but like she won by points so. – I am the cultured one, me.
(Kendelle laughs) – (FBE) Of the foods
you got to try today, what was your favorite? – They were all so tasty, honestly.
I liked Indonesia’s actually. That last one.
– The one from Israel, I’m still tasting that.
Like, that was such a strong taste, and a good strong taste.
And I need more of that right now. – Yeah.
(Dionte laughs) – Honestly, all the food was great.
I didn’t hate any of them. – Glad I skipped my lunch for this. – I really liked the potato salad
with the fried chicken. That was my favorite one
out of all those. I think just ’cause they’re
really similar to American food. – Mm-hmm.
– So it wouldn’t be that much of a stretch
to like make it. – Holiday food just always
puts me in a really good mood. I’m just like aw,
now I’m ready to go to sleep. – Thanks for watching us
Guess International Holiday Foods… – On the REACT Channel. – If you liked this episode…
– Hit that like button! – Subscribe for new shows…
– Every week! – What are some of
your favorite holiday meals? – Let us know in the comments. – Bye! – Hey y’all,
React Producer Blythe here! Wanna see more of the content
that you love? Well then check out
all of our past episodes. Links in the description!
– Seriously? – I’m just going in! – Taco cheers, woo! – Cheers! – Give me a fork and knife! ♪ (upbeat intro) ♪ – (FBE) We’re here in Springfield at …
– Seriously? – I’m just going in! – Taco cheers, woo!
– Cheers! – Give me a fork and knife! ♪ (upbeat intro) ♪ – (FBE) We’re here in Springfield
at Universal Studios Hollywood for one of our hardest
Try Not To Eat Challenges yet. Can Simpsons fans resist all the amazing foods
in Simpsons Land? Let’s find out! Thank you so much
for coming out to Springfield today. – We’re so happy to be in Springfield!
– Yep. – (FBE) What do you love
about the Simpsons? – I love how funny it is. I just love how ridiculous it is. – I like that they just go there. They just go there
with all of their stuff. – I love the Treehouse of Horrors
episodes, they’re my favorites. They’re so spooky! – It’s one of those shows
that still are funny, even though they hold
a mirror up to society, and they’re really satirical,
and it’s great. – It is literally
the most classic show. Like you can be a kid
and think it’s hilarious, and you can be an adult
and think it’s hilarious. And that’s why it’s endured
for like 80,000 years. Like, it’s so good! – (FBE) We’re gonna show you
a clip from the Simpsons, then we’re going to bring out
some delicious food for you to try not to eat. – Oh! – What, I thought it was
a eat challenge. Like you’re gonna eat everything.
– Can we just, yeah! – And we tell you what we think?
– Can’t it be eat everything and not puke challenge?
– Why? – We’re starving!
– Yeah, we haven’t eaten today, you haven’t eaten today.
So this is gonna be very challenging. – (FBE) All of these foods
were either featured in, or inspired by the Simpsons
and are sold right here in Springfield at Universal Studios Hollywood. Of course, this is
a Try Not To Eat Challenge, there will be a punishment
per food you tried at the end of the episode.
– Of course. – One per food. – I can only imagine how gross
it’s gonna be, ’cause there’s a lot of gross things
happened in the Simpsons. – Yeah, I know, but… – So I just wonder what
the punishment will be. – (FBE) Are you guys ready
to see what your first food is? – Yes!
– Yes. ♪ (upbeat music) ♪ ♪ Some folk’ll never eat a skunk ♪
– The chicken sandwich? ♪ Like Cletus, the slack-jawed yokel ♪
– The songs are so great. I almost forgot about that! – (Cletus) Hey, what’s going on
on this side? – Well, I’ll just say right now,
I’m not gonna eat no skunk! – (FBE) So inspired by
the character Cletus, and sold at Cletus’ Chicken Shack,
this chicken and waffle sandwich is much better than eating a skunk.
Can you resist it? – God, I love chicken and waffles. – I wanna try it.
– I really actually do. – Oh man! – Ooh! – It’s the first food,
I’m gonna try to resist. – But smell the waffle really quick. – I know, I don’t wanna
smell the waffle. – Oh my God, it smells
so good actually. (laughs) It smells deeply crispy and fried.
Delicious. – That looks so good. – (laughs) I’m just going in!
Oh my God! (buzzer rings) It is messy.
– Mm-hmm. – Oh, I’m just gonna go right here. – Aw, that looks great.
(buzzer rings) – Are you sure you don’t
want a bite? – You’re covered in aioli.
– Am I? – (laughs) Yes. – It’s like the way
that it’s even fried tastes southern,
like southern fried chicken. – Mm-hmm, this is good.
I’m gonna have to take this one to go. – That’s damn good. – Weight Watchers,
suck it! (Ted laughs)
– (FBE) Ted, you’re staying strong. – (sighs) I am, I am.
– Oh, Ted, it’s so good. – Aw man.
– I can cut you a bite. – No, it’s fine. – This is the best thing
I’ve ever had. (Danny laughs)
It’s the best chicken sandwich. – Oh my!
– Popeye’s move out of the way. Come to Universal Studios.
– Uh oh! – And get a Cletus chicken sandwich. – I’m backing out.
– Alright, I’m not gonna do it, nah! – I’ve never had Cletus’
chicken and waffles, and I feel like Cletus
does not make it more appetizing, it might be actually the opposite if you really focus
on Cletus’ character. – That’s true! – Mm-hmm, that’s like
a very good technique. – (Homer) I want a colossal donut. – Oh, Halloween episode. – Oh, it’s gonna be
the giant donut. – (Homer) That’s false advertising! – (cashier) Sorry sir,
no refunds! – (Homer) I paid for a donut…
– Bring the colossal donut! – Let’s see it!
– Happy. – (Homer) Get a colossal donut.
– I love donuts! (thunder crackles) – Lard Lad?
– I remember this. (tire screeches)
– Get it, yes. – Yes, you get your donut! – (Homer) I got your donut, Lard Lad!
– Homer! – (Homer) And what are you
gonna do about it? (thunder crackles) – (laughs) It’s also like the quintessential
Homer Simpson food, honestly. – (FBE) So we couldn’t do
a Simpsons episode without Lard Lad donuts, and just like Homer wanted,
these things are colossal. – Son of a maple bacon
giant donut, damn it! Oh, sorry kids. – This is Heaven,
oh my gosh. – This is like as big as my head! – I think it is, actually, yeah. – Comparison.
– Yeah, just… – Comparison shot.
– Just compare. (laughs) – How can you not?
It’s like the classic Simpson fare. – But I’ve also had donuts before.
– I’ve had donuts. I’ve had donuts,
but not colossal donuts. – Oh my God,
right after the chicken sandwich too. – That smells so good.
I shouldn’t have worn lipstick today. It’s gonna be gone
by the end of this episode, and I’m okay with that. (buzzer rings)
– Mmm, oh my God, it’s so worth it. I’m actually not kidding around
right now. – Mmm!
(buzzer rings) – It’s so interesting.
It’s a savory sweet donut. – I need more bacon though. – Yeah, I think, yeah, you’re…
– Sorry. – You’re on my team right now.
– Yeah. – I’m seeing this.
– I didn’t get like that much meat. – Absolutely right.
Yeah, the bacon, really is the best part.
– Mm-hmm. – And it’s really, it’s… (clears throat)
It’s cooked really well. I could just keep going! – I’m so impressed,
’cause that was worth it. It was like extra lardy,
and extra sugary, and so good. – It looks good,
but I’m gonna resist. – Wow.
– I can resist this one. – Take it away!
(whimpers) – (FBE) Sharon one more time, what was it you just said to me
about sprinkles? – Nothing. (laughs)
– Oh no! (tape squeaking) – If it had been sprinkles,
that would have been a little harder for me to resist.
– Yeah, that would be tough. – Oh no, no!
– Ah, I didn’t say that! Ah, God damn it, seriously?
Give me a fork and knife! Ah, here we go.
(buzzer rings) Oh my God, it’s warm, it’s warm!
– Describe it to me, what’s it like? Oh, they heated it up?
Oh! – I can resist this.
I don’t like sweets. – Yeah, I’m not
a big donut person, so… Look at us!
Bam! – We’re gonna win!
– Not even tempted! – Donuts are gonna know
you betrayed them. – I know! – And now you have that
to live with, and I hope you’re happy.
– Ugh. – (Homer) One ribwich please.
– (cashier) Uh-huh. – Yes, oh my God!
Yes, I’m so happy! (Homer grunts)
– Oh dude, the ribwich! (laughs) (mascot laughs) – (laughs) This is terrifying. – Hopefully, I’m ready to end…
– No, that’s literally how, what’s happening in our body
right now. – (Bart) (coughs) Whoa,
that’s good Squishee. Whoa.
– Oh, whoa whoa! – (Milhouse) Bart, Bart, Bart! (Bart babbles)
(Danny laughs) – I don’t wanna be
trippin’ like that, not here. – We’ll see what happens. – (FBE) So the last time
we featured Simpsons on Try Not To Eat, we recreated the ribwich
for the winning dish. – Oh, yes!
– Oh, that’s like quality rib! – (FBE) We wanted to give you
an opportunity to try it without winning, today.
– Oh my God. – (FBE) So we’re not just
giving you Homer’s favorite sandwich. We’re also giving you
Bart’s favorite drink. Can you resist a ribwich
and a Squishee? – I really wanna try
the Squishee. – You wanna try that,
I wanna try this. – Okay! – I’m so happy, because
I wasn’t able to try the ribwich last time,
’cause I lost, and then I had to eat
that rotten sandwich, and now I can. – Like just that whole effect, like if that really has
the same effect, like the best drug
you’ve ever had in your life, I’m in. I’m just gonna be like
your foil, man. – Oh, it’s okay.
– I gotta try the Squishee. – This works for me.
– Come on, this is like, I’ll take my punishments. – I’m just gonna go for it.
– Just do it. – I know!
(buzzer rings) – You know what?
– Mm-hmm. – You’re, like, what are they
gonna make you do? – I’ve already lost.
(buzzer rings) – Oh, that’s sour!
(coughs) Oh that’s sour! – Mm-hmm. – Should I be like (babbles) (buzzer rings)
– It’s like sour. It’s really good. I might have a french fry. I mean, I already lost this one,
so why not? (buzzer rings)
– Mm-hmm. Oh my God.
– There’s pickle in it! – There’s pickle in it.
So good! – This is like watching
the Food Network, except if it was real
in front of you, like, that looks like
some brisket or something. – It does.
– You know what? – It tastes like it, too.
– I love brisket. – With the barbecue sauce,
and then the sour apple, it works really well.
– Good. – Which sounds weird,
but it does! – That’s so good.
It’s like so tender. – Yeah, right? – I would love to eat this
all the time. (laughs) – That punishment
is gonna wreck us! – It’s gonna be worth it. Everything I’ve ate…
– I agree. – Delicious! – Tacos.
– Tacos! – Tacos!
– No! (Bumblebee Man speaks Spanish) – The Bumblebee Man!
(Trudi laughs) Tacos, that’s what that is. – (FBE) So behind you, you’ll notice
Bumblebee Man’s Taco Truck. – (Kendelle) Oh yeah. – (FBE) This place serves up
the absolute best tacos in the park, with three different options
for your meat. – Ooh. – (FBE) Do you guys think
you can resist? – No, I love tacos!
– I love tacos, oh my gosh. – Oh no. (laughs)
– Are we gonna get sprayed with water while we eat these?
– Yeah. We gotta get the full effect. – I love street tacos! (hums)
And there’s lime! – At this point… – At this point I would
probably hit you. – I passed up a donut, brisket.
– Yeah. (buzzer rings) – Six tacos, I can do this. – Taco cheers!
– Taco cheers! – I mean we’re already losing anyways.
– Right? – Taco cheers!
– Cheers! (buzzer rings) – Mmm.
– Wow, ugh. – I know what tacos taste like,
I can resist, they smell great. I’m resisting it though.
– Same reasoning. I know what tacos taste like,
and that’s why I want it. And if that Squishee was here,
I would be eating it, but it’s not. I went this far,
I’m not gonna turn back. – My hero. – (FBE) It’s now time
for the winning dish. Sharon, of course, since you’ve
already eaten some of the foods, I mean, all of the foods,
you won’t get to try this one, but we’re gonna make you
look at it anyway. Ted, this is all for you. – Yes!
– Ow. – My time has finally come! – (Homer) Give me 700 Krusty Burgers! (Trudi laughs)
– (cashier) You want fries with that? – Of course it’s Krusty Burgers!
– Never had one! – It has to be! – (Bart) I’m proud you’re my dad.
– I’m sad. – (Homer) Go away.
– That’s what I wanted to eat. – Is this a beer?
– No way, oh no! (man burps) – Are you serious?
– No. – No wait.
– I’m so mad right now. – You know. – I wanted to hold out
for the Duff Beer, and I did not do it,
in the back of my mind, I thought it was an option.
– I’m so happy. – And I just blew it right now. – (FBE) It’s the Simpsons classic
Krusty Burger. – Oh my God! – (FBE) Along with a beautiful
Duff Beer. – (Ted) Amazing! – (FBE) Sharon,
none of this is for you. – Sharon.
– (FBE) This is all for Ted. – Can I just have one fry? – That’s an Instagrammable beer.
– That really is. – You know?
– Yes. – I’m thirsty. – This is just very upsetting. – Okay, let’s try this. I’m just gonna eat this
right in your face. – It’s so good, huh?
– Oh, so good, oh my God! – Yeah, I bet that’s really good. – It looks really good.
– It does. – Like that’s a good sized burger. Is it eating it
if I just lick it? – Yeah, if we just like…
– (FBE) Yes. (both laugh) – I’m very sad about the beer.
I want that beer right back. – Like this is the quintessential
Homer, like if I had just held out for a minute,
not been so impulsive, so damn impulsive. – (FBE) Alright losers,
it’s time for your punishment! Are you ready to see what it is? – No. (laughs)
– (FBE) Great! – (man) (laughs) Don’t you get it?
Springfield, it’s over! You lose!
Now if you’ll excuse me, all this talk
has made me hungry. – I have to eat a lemon?
A lemon? – Are we gonna have to eat lemons?
– Are we eating a lemon? (laughs) – I love lemons!
– I’m just eating a lemon? – I love lemons!
– Oh! – (FBE) So we’ve got a lemon
for you here that came from Springfield’s own
very special lemon tree. – Great!
– (FBE) You’ll have to take one bite for every food you ate today. – Aw, that’s it?
– Nope, I don’t have to eat the peel? – Aw.
– Punishment, this is not a punishment for me! – Delicious Springfield lemon!
It’s so well made! Now I just need a shot
of Springfield tequila! Where’s Moe when you need him, right? – I’m definitely ready
to see this lemon face. – Alright, it’s not gonna be bad.
I’m gonna fight it. – Yeah?
– Mm-hmm. – Oh yeah! She won’t break!
Okay. – There’s one.
And there it is! The eye went, the eye went!
I couldn’t control the eye! – I used to eat this as a kid,
but it is very sour. – Just like squeeze
into your mouth? – Yeah, I used to like
cut ’em like this, and then I’d go like this way. (Kendelle laughs) – I mean, it’s not
a punishment for Ary. – It’s not, I even like,
I’m gross, I like to go like this. – ‘Kay, she’s much cooler
than I am. – Three, ooh! – I was doing good
when it first started, but… – You are almost there. – Man, it’s rough now,
let me tell ya. – Woo!
– This is good. – Okay, it’s really not
the worst punishment, I just wasn’t expecting it. – It’s like a really
worthwhile punishment. – Save half of that,
and we’ll get drinks. (laughs) – Right.
– A little something else. – Off to Moe’s
to do shots. – (FBE) So you guys tried
four different foods from Springfield today,
which one was your favorite, and why?
– The [bleep] Squishee. The Squishee was so good.
– Oh, you did have the Squishee. – Oh, but food…
– Oh, the other sour thing? – Those tacos were really good.
– Yeah, I’m glad we tried the tacos. – You cannot be on
a Simpsons episode, and not eat a donut. – The rib thing,
that was pretty good. – That looked amazing.
– It was good. – Ugh.
– It was good. – The ribwich, for sure.
Like that was… – No, the Cletus sandwich was…
– I don’t know, as much as I love chicken sandwiches,
that ribwich was definitely amazing. – Springfield rocks, man! I need to hang out in Springfield. I gotta mosey on over
to Moe’s after the shoot, and see what happens. – Thanks to Universal Studios
for inviting us to Springfield. – Subscribe for new shows
every single week. – If you liked this episode,
hit that like button. – (both) Bye! – Hey fam, React Producer Mary here. Thanks so much for watching us
Try Not To Eat Simpsons foods here at Universal Studios Hollywood. Be sure to tweet @FBE
and at @UniStudios to let us know which foods
you liked the most. Bye guys!
Hi, my name’s Tom Cote and I am the Food Snot – so today I’m here with my lovely wife Renae and today we are paying homage to our absolute favorite …
Hi, my name’s Tom Cote and I am the Food Snot – so today I’m here with my lovely wife Renae and today we are paying
homage to our absolute favorite food channels. We watch a lot of channels – a
lot of food channels and we like a lot of them but these are our absolute favorite –
so don’t get offended if you’re not on here and we watch you. I’m sorry we’re just
doing our favorites okay? So in our opinion – these are the best YouTube food
review channels. It’s time for Food Snot it’s just a hint of Mountain Dew on the
back end – the star of this is the Doritos they actually – when cooked – they’re a little spicy. There’s the side view. You see the half brownie and then the cookie – so wish me luck. alright so let’s pull one of these wings out. This one is loaded with the dry rub as you can see nice and flaky – smells like paprika. Mmmm the cheese sauce is nice and warm. Yummy – this is good. simple – that’s the key. K.I.S.S. – keep it simple stupid this is straight out heaven right now. One more hit because this is ridiculous So it looks like they put real ice cream – soft serve ice cream in – put some Oreo bits in and they blend it all up – put some whip cream on top – more Oreo crumble on the top as well a Quarter Pounder with Cheese BLT which stands for bacon, lettuce and tomato – I bet you didn’t know that! This is the same price as the Boss Wrap Supreme was .. Look at the size of this thing! I mean it’s like 3 pounds! they just cut up a chicken breast without seasoning it .. cooked it up – but just didn’t season it at all and just chopped it up in little cubes tossed it up in there – ahh get in there – we don’t want you – get in there. Sno Balls – kinda squashed Sno Balls but I’m sure they’ll still taste the same. That’s what happens to Twinkies in the mail That’s what it looks like. Ben & Jerry’s is awesome. there’s only a few favors that are just okay, like a low 4 or 3 but Ben & Jerry’s is almost always completely & utterly awesome so let’s try this thing out. That flat bread is so dry – it’s like the
Sahara Desert – I might take one more bite with the flat bread and then I think
that’s it. Nah, wasn’t good. they actually do taste like Mountain Dew. It’s really really weird – Here we go this one will be a big old bite of sauce. So it will be interesting to see what actually is inside – some kind of wrap there by the look of that looks like there is an original This smells like a warm nacho dorito. That’s what it smells like – exactly like that. so that was fun right Renae? Yes. so we’re going to put their links down below in the description – you guys should go subscribe to them all or whatever ones you thought were great – I love them all it’s required – so do that and in the
meantime we’re working on some more stuff for you guys go to TheFoodSnot.com put your email in and you’ll get our super secret videos – we’re working on one today. So do that and you’ll get those and we will see you guys next time on the Food Snot – So long!
– I feel like I’m back in high school chemistry. – Next time I go camping, I’ll probably stock up on MREs. ♪ (accordion intro) ♪ – (FBE) First off, obviously, …
– I feel like I’m back
in high school chemistry. – Next time I go camping,
I’ll probably stock up on MREs. ♪ (accordion intro) ♪ – (FBE) First off, obviously,
we wanna thank our military members for coming in and shooting
this episode with us today. – Thank you. Thanks.
– Yay! – I’m an aircraft mechanic
in the US Air Force. And I’m about halfway
in my contract, about three years in. – Yes, I was in the army
for nine years. I was a food service guy.
I pretty much cooked the food and did my thing, you know, trained.
– Wow. – I was basically an analyst.
I worked in intel. I was in the military
for just shy of four years. And it was a great time.
I met some of my best friends in the military.
– I was young when I went in, very young. I was like 18
when I went on active duty. And the military, all branches,
I think, give young people so much responsibilities
that they’ve never had before in their life.
I am honored to have served, and God bless America.
– (FBE) We’re gonna share one aspect of what might be a part
of your experience with us today. We’re gonna be sampling
some MREs. – All right. My favorite. – Oh, boy. Are you in for a treat.
– Whoa. (laughs) – (FBE) MREs are self-contained
food rations that service members use in combat or in other situations
where there’s no food available. And today, you’ll get to try
the meals frequently listed as favorites from
those in the service. – Okay. Okay, good.
– Perfect. – I hope these people
are getting good food. – Like six kinds of dog crap probably.
But, you know, if they’re good enough for the people out–
– No, let’s be optimistic. – Let’s be optimistic.
Yeah, let’s do that. – Army, Marines,
they have MREs more. Air Force maybe get more
of the fancy food, but… – (chuckles)
– (FBE) Not a bad thing. – Not a bad thing.
– (FBE) For starters, we’ll see how you guys do in preparing this. – I’ll let you do the honors.
– Oh my– it’s literally in a bag. Menu six, vegetarian chili with beans.
They even got some vegetarian options. How nice.
– Usually, just peel it from the top. Or like he said…
– (laughs) – The scissors might help right now.
– The scissors. – There’s like a whole bunch
of stuff in here. What? – In other MRE pouches,
there’s cheese spread for crackers and peanut butter and jelly
and stuff like that, and that was like currency
in the military. – Oh, really?
– Be like, “Hey man, I’ll trade you two cheese packets
if you give me those cookies.” – It doesn’t look appealing.
Everything’s so– it’d be different
if it were color coded. Like, oh, the red, the–
everything’s just so vanilla and beige.
– This counts for a whole… – But does it feel like–
– …2,500-calorie meal in one thing. – So, what do we got?
– So, we got sugar cookies, toasted corn,
orange-flavored drink mix with vitamin C added.
– You need to try these crackers please.
– Crackers. – Yes. You need to try the crackers.
– And then– okay, we did that. We did that. We did that.
And then whatever this bad boy is here. What is this?
– That’s how you heat it up. – Oh, this is the flameless
ration heater. – What?
– No, leave that in. – Leave this?
– Yeah. Dump this inside the bag. – Okay. What the?
– And now, add water. – I’ll be the pourer, and you be the hold opener.
And tell me when… – (FBE) And then careful,
’cause it does get pretty hot pretty quickly.
– …it gets hot. I don’t know how it does that,
’cause the water isn’t– oh. – (FBE) Can you hear it?
– Yeah, it’s already bubbling. – It is crazy how chemistry works, right?
– Look, steam! Ah! – Is it getting hot?
(gasps) It’s getting warm. This is like black magic.
– (laughs) – I feel like I’m back
in high school chemistry with Mr. Pavonado.
– Yeah, this is very cool. – Now, fold.
– Fold. – Fold.
– Fold. – And let this thing heat up.
You’ll see the smoke come out soon. Yeah. In the meanwhile, you could
always open up these crackers. – If you didn’t like the main entrée,
you always got everything else in there, which is cool.
You got crackers and… – Toasted corn.
– …corn and the candy. – Interesting. It’s almost like
a corn nut, but it’s not a corn nut. – Oh my gosh.
Can I have these Smarties? They give you a little dessert.
So, it’s hot sauce in here. It’s salt, pepper,
a wet wipe. – This is fun.
I would do this just for fun. – To think that they used
to come with a little laxative gum. – (softly) What?
– (FBE) All right, guys. You ready to actually
give some of these a try? – I would, yes.
– Yeah, I’m excited. – I’m very intrigued.
– I never heated mine up ever, because, well, one,
my drill sergeant was like, “You can’t heat it up
if you’re in combat. If you see that little smoke plume,
you give your location away.” And so, I’ve never
really eaten them hot to be honest with you.
– Wow. That’s crazy. But you can eat them like–
– Yeah, you literally just open the bag and just eat it.
– You don’t have to heat them up. – Yeah.
– Wow, that’s so interesting. – (FBE) So, this is menu
number one. This is beef stew.
– Beef stew. – It looks like we could
probably survive eating that. – Let me smell it first.
It smells good. – I don’t remember
if I like this or not, so we’ll see. Mm.
– Mm-hmm. Mm. It tastes like–
what’s that one in the can? The… hearty.
– I’d eat that. – When you’re hungry, camping.
Can you imagine like you’re camping? – This would be great
for camping, man. You kidding me?
Next time I go camping, I’ll probably stock up on MREs.
– Yeah. – Kind of chewy.
– Mm. – I think it’s roadkill stew.
Is that what it is? – You know, it’s not…
– It’s not horrible. – …horrible.
– I’ve had worse. – Ugh.
– It’s good. I like it. Yeah, it’s just enough
vegetables for me for good old beef stew.
– I think that’s why. I think it has too many vegetables.
– I feel like it’s like canned soup. If I got this at a restaurant,
I’d kind of be like, “Mm, okay. I guess.”
– It needs some black pepper. It needs a pinch of salt.
It needs to be dressed up. – And it could use a taste
of real food in here too. – (FBE) So, this is
chicken noodle stew. – Oh!
– (FBE) Not chicken noodle soup. Chicken noodle stew.
– (Danny) So, this one looks more pasta-like.
– Yeah. Noodles. – Kind of a softer texture.
– What is up with all this stew, guys? – What is this?
– (FBE) This is chicken noodle stew. – Okay, I like chicken.
– Oh! – I like noodles.
– Okay. – Okay, here goes. Bon appetit.
– Let me get some noodle up in here. – You know, I think that’s
slightly better than the other one from my perspective.
– This one is better than the beef one to me. – Hmm. Yeah. I mean,
it’s a different flavor than what you would expect
with a chicken noodle. – Yeah. Actually, yeah.
– But it’s not bad. – It’s like canned Progresso,
but MRE ration. These are very doable.
– Soup in a bag, you know. – I mean, this is
as good as you’re gonna get for soup in a bag.
– The beef is definitely winning. But it’s not bad.
– It tastes like real food, you know. It doesn’t taste like…
you know, like, it’s real food. It’s hot.
– You just don’t like soup. – Yeah, it’s just not
to my liking, I think. – There was a thing
that was chipped beef with gravy on toast.
– Ooh. I’ve heard about that. – And we used to call it SOS,
and you can imagine what that stands for.
– I’ve heard about the chipped beef on toast.
– It’s a staple. – Even if I had other options,
I might even still eat this. – Wow.
– It’s pretty good. Yeah. – It’s got the Ashby seal of approval. – (laughs)
– (laughs) (ding)
– (FBE) Here is your vegetarian chili that you were cooking up earlier.
– Chili! – Oh! We just made this.
– (Paulette) Yeah. Well, we just– yeah.
– We need some cheese. – Spicy.
– Spicy. This is what I always like, the spicy stuff.
Good for your taste buds. – Okay, this is giving me
flashbacks. Yeah. – Ooh. (snickers)
– Mm-hmm. Mmm. – Ahhh!
– The beans were good, but the artificial beef was…
(chuckles) I wasn’t having it. – Literally, Taco Bell seems
like it’s really, really good compared to this.
– This is literally flavorless. I see why the crackers
and the hot sauce and all of that comes with it, ’cause I’d have
to really doctor this up. – Very little taste.
– It’s not spicy at all. I need some extra hot sauce,
some cayenne pepper on this. – I was about to say. Give me some
Sriracha or some Tapatío or something. – You don’t expect it to be like this.
– These are military rations they’re eating in the field
on deployment, ’cause they’re just moving.
So, you can’t expect it to be like, oh, a gourmet meal.
No, they don’t got time for that! They gotta be able to eat and go.
– If I had to eat it, I would, but this is not one
that I would choose. – I think I chose this one a lot.
– Did you? – Mm-hmm.
– There’s a flavor thing that’s like not, for me, the best.
– This one also is pretty bland. You need the salt
and pepper packs for this one.
– Oh. – Yeah. For sure.
– See, a little insider secret. – (FBE) Next up, this is
pasta marinara with imitation meat. – This… doesn’t look too bad.
– (Paulette) Okay. – Smells good. (sniffs) Okay. – (chuckles) – Hmm.
– Yeah? No? This was also one I would
prefer usually if I could get it. – I can’t.
– The marinara’s delicious. – I can’t. I can definitely
taste the marinara, but without the marinara,
it would be trash. – This is pretty good.
– Yeah, I might choose this as my favorite so far.
– I agree, yeah. – I’m liking that this is not a soup.
– Hey. Hey, I like that one. No, that’s tasty.
It’s spicy. – The flavor’s good.
You can even seen the little pieces of cilantro in it, so…
– Fancy! (chuckles) – Ooh, there’s a weird
aftertaste at the end. – Mm-hmm.
– It’s like stuck there. – It doesn’t go away.
– Oh. Perfect. – At least for a little while.
– I wonder what that is that’s causing that.
– I’m glad that I’m not nearly as disappointed as I was
expecting to be. – I was pleasantly surprised
at the taste of this one. This one was, I think…
– Yeah, this one– let me get a little bit more.
– This is the best one we’ve had this afternoon.
– (FBE) Got a kind of different one for you guys.
This is… gumbo!
– (both) Gumbo. – (Danny) Hmm. Soup-y looking.
– I’ve never seen this before. I don’t know how you got this.
– If I had this, I could’ve traded this.
– Oh, probably. – “I got gumbo!”
– And people probably would’ve been like, “Take everything I have.”
– Yeah. (chuckles) – My nickname is the Gumbo Goddess. I don’t play around with gumbo, okay?
– Ohhh! – I hate when people
call things gumbo that is not gumbo. – It’s good. It’s good.
– Out of all of them, this is the best one.
I could actually make this on my own, ’cause I can’t cook regularly,
but I could definitely put stuff in a bag. (chuckles)
– There you go. – This looks super hearty.
– Mm-hmm. Mm. – Yeah.
– Tastes like gumbo. – That’s the thing about MREs,
all the beef stuff generally tastes the same.
All the chicken stuff generally tastes the same.
That’s why a lot of people liked the vegetarian stuff,
’cause those taste different from each other.
– It’s not bad. – This is good, ’cause you got
everything in there. – Oh. Oh, I think it’s horrible.
– Get this away from me. The roux, the base of the gumbo
is not supposed to be gravy-like in consistency.
This is far too thick. And so, I can tell that this
was not prepared with love. That is the nicest thing
that I can say about this. – Aww.
– Every Thursday in our cafeteria, we had soul food.
So, gumbo would be one of the main things down,
same thing with the greens, ham hocks, you name it,
ribs, mac and cheese. Gumbo would be one
of the main dishes out there. – Honestly, I couldn’t complain.
I could have all of them again. – The gumbo, I would try
that one again. I would try all of them, honestly.
– Yeah, I couldn’t complain with any of them.
– I wouldn’t want the same one, ’cause it kinda gets boring.
– Oh, yeah, yeah. – You wanna switch it up.
– Actually, I wanna have you try those crackers, ’cause those crackers…
– Oh, the crackers. – Yeah. The crackers.
– Right. You talked about that. – Yeah, the crackers.
– Cheers. – Dink. (laughs)
– They are so dry. The moisture in my mouth is gone. – Yeah. Oh, yeah.
– (laughs) – Thanks for watching us try MREs…
– On the React Channel. – What food should we try next?
– Tell us in the comments. – Mmmmwah!
– Bye. – Love ya. Bye!
– Hey, guys. Ethan here from the React Channel.
A big, big thank you to our servicemen and women
who came in and shot this episode with us.
And from all of us here at FBE, a huge, huge thank you
to all of the servicemen and women out there watching.
Rhett: Look at that Big Mac.Link: When it’s not all dressed up for a commercialit sort of just looks unverwhelming.Rhett:What if we took each part of the Big Macand replaced it …
Look at that Big Mac.Link:
When it’s not all dressed up
for a commercialit sort of just looks
unverwhelming.Rhett:What if we took
each part of the Big Macand replaced it with
the fanciest ingridient
we could find?Link:We’ll we create a
McMasterpiece?Rhett:Or a McMonster?Link:Let’s find out
with the help ofMythical Chef, Josh.Now, if you have
any doubts as to Josh’s culinary
qualifications, you shouldn’t because
he has a freaking
spork tattoo on his forearm. That’s the best
$83 I ever spent. We want to replace
every layer of
the Big Mac. with a fancy ingredient. So what are we
gonna do with the bun? You get the best
bakery in L.A.,
Lodge Bred Co., to custom bake you
brioche buns, Then you’re going to
cover it in real 24 karat gold flake. – What?
– Of course. So here we got artisinal
little gem lettuces, we have pearl onions. And then we have some
cucumbers for pickling. We’re going to shower them
in Veuve Cliquot champagne. Oh, fancy. Okay, so the Big Mac’s
got like one slice of American cheese,
just a plain square. I think American cheese
is still really important, so what we’re gonna do
is we’re gonna
melt it down with camembert cheese
and call it “camemberican
cheese.” Both: Camemberican. Josh: And for the special sauce,
we have some super fancy mayo, Sir Kensington’s.
Dude has a top hat on it. We’re gonna mix that
with some equally fancy mustard, a little bit of chopped
Bubbies pickles and then we are going
to throw a whole bunch of sea urchin–
uh, technically it’s
the gonads. Gonads are fancy,
I’ve always said that. And probably the most
in a burger… the meat. We got a 16 ounce,
100% DNA tested, genetically pure,
Wagyu steak. – What?
– That is from Lone Mountain
Ranch, pure bred Japanese. Never cross bred
with American cows. Okay, we got
all this fancy stuff, let’s make a fancy
Big Mac. – ( cork popping )
– Oh! Whoa! Oh, no!
Save the pickles. He wasn’t supposed
to do that yet, right? I was supposed to
salt the pickles, first. He seemed so excited,
though, I didn’t want
to stop him… He’s a premature
cork popper. What you’re gonna do,
is actually sprinkle that with like a liberal
amount of salt,
I’ll tell you when, Just like,
really go for it. You’re gonna get in there
and you’re gonna actually massage it into
the cucumbers. Uh, Link is just
gonna go ahead
and then… Rhett: Huh. They’re not turning
to pickles. So this actually
take about a week, maybe to get ’em
real good, I actually pickled some
about two weeks ago. Camembert. It is also known
as stank brie. And if you want to
check that out just like
cut it in half. Link: Ooh, it’s soft. Mm. It smells
a little farty. It’s a little farty. Then melt all that down
in a pot. Look at that. So you already
did it. You don’t even
need us. It’s a Big Mac
so you’re only getting
one slice of cheese and so like,
you gotta make it count, you know what I mean? We’re gonna do like
two parts mayo to one part mustard. That’s perfect. Uh, you’re going to dump in 80 % of those
right there. – Okay.
– There you go! What? Oh, no,
I think that’s 70. You’re gonna take
all of that delicoius
sea urchin. You want all these
orange tongues in there? All the orange tongues. ( blender whirring ) All right, so we’re gonna
hand chop our burgers, you’re not gonna grind ’em, – Okay.
– And then I got a very
special high tech tool. You two can decide
who gets to use it. – Whoa!
– ( laughs ) – That’ll be me.
– Just take some big
open handed swings. Try to increase
your speed and fequency – Whoa!
– We do need two patties
to come out of that. so really try and smash it. You’re gonna sprinkle
the top of that pretty liberally
with salt. – That’s good, please stop,
– That’s a lot of salt, right? Too much? – ( sizzling )
– Yay! Nailed it. Rhett: Boom. I’ve never smelled this
going into a McD’s. So, yeah, if you
just want to flip that. Rhett: You’re gonna place
that cheese right on top of it. We’re gonna spoon
some truffle butter
on there. And then Link,
if you want to just
baste that burger. He’s a master baster Oh, yeah.
This is so… Truffle butter basting. Oh, gosh.
Oh, gosh. It smells so good. Link: We should probably
taste it. But first, for comparison. Well, the fancy one
is also a tad bigger. Yeah. It’s a lot to cut through there. Rhett: Oh, wow. – Link: Ooh!
– Rhett: Oh, my. – Oh, my.
– Look at that. Layered goodness of
Big Mac fanciness. But you know what?
The real test… – Link: Is the taste.
– Yes. – Dink it.
– Squeeze it. – Mm.
– Oh, man. Yeah, Josh,
you can have that one. It’s so good.
It’s so fancy. It’s very much a Big Mac. Like, all the Big Mac
taste are still hitting me in the proper ratio
even though it’s a lot larger. So how much would
this cost? So, all total,
that Big Mac right there
$205.52. – ( muffled ) Sweet Jesus!
– Pretty reasonable. – You’re a genius.
– Thank you. But in case you were
worried about me, this is also really enjoyable. – No, you gotta try it.
– I appreciate it, man. Look into my eyes. No, don’t.
Don’t do that. – Oh, my.
– Rhett: It’s so good. Let us know in the comments,
what specific fast food dish you want us to fancify next. And stick around
because we dug up the craziest and weirdest
celebrity fan art. And we’re gonna play
a game with ’em. Link:We got some big news.We’re selling limited edition
T-shirts.exclusively on Amazon.Yes, that Amazon.
There I said it.